During the summers of 2011 and 2012, I created and founded the first ever Carbondale Renegade Marching Band complete with nearly 30 volunteer musicians (high school kids and adults) and 15 volunteer dancers. It was a complete grassroots endevour and created more joy for the community than I ever imagined possible.
Published 8/17/18 by Aldo Leopold Foundation Like most environmental educators and park interpreters, I have a strong commitment to sharing wild places with others. The beauty and wonder of our public lands create the perfect setting to share and nurture a land ethic with learners from all walks of life. For me, it is more than just a vocation, though—care for people, land, and communities infuse every part of my life. Every day, I work to foster intimate relationships between people and their landscape both in my professional and civic life. During 2014, I was fortunate to learn from and become one of the Land Ethic Leaders during a special session of the Aldo Leopold Foundation ’s program hosted in Grand Teton National Park at the Murie Center. The experience stoked the fierce green fire within me to keep the land ethic alive and give voice to the Murie’s ecological wilderness values. Stoke, passion, adrenaline, enthusiasm are driving the desire for bigger, higher, an...
Comments